De Hoop Village has a choice of nine lovely cottages in the De Hoop Nature Reserve. Situated in the Overberg region near the southern tip of Africa, this very special reserve is under three hours from Cape Town. It is a popular destination amongst hikers, cyclists, bird watchers and during the winter and early summer months, whale watchers.
Win a 2-Night Self Catering Stay for 4 Guests at De Hoop Village.
Win a Stay at De Hoop Village
The prize includes a two night self catering break away for four guests in one of our cosy cottages during the Winter of 2020 or 2021. There is a choice of nine stunning cottages each white washed, fisherman style houses, sleeping a maximum of six guests in three bedrooms. The cottages have an open plan living area and kitchen with a dining table.
Things to Do During Your Stay
Interpretative walks through the fynbos to the rock pools and guided bird walks are just some of the activities available, as well as whale watching and game viewing. The magnificent night skies lend themselves to star and constellation identification. Stretch your legs and explore this incredibly diverse landscape up close, and all it has to offer. Whether you like to run, hike or bike, there is something for everyone.
About De Hoop
The De Hoop Nature Reserve and adjacent marine reserve are one of the most biologically diverse sanctuaries in the world. It is home to a large landlocked vlei, a green plain covered with fynbos and riverine bush, limestone hills, sand dunes and the Potberg mountain range.
The reserve has 86 different types of mammal, including the Cape Mountain zebra, bontebok, eland, baboon, the yellow mongoose and leopard. You can find 1500 differnt plant species and more than 250 bird species. There is also the possibility of sighting dolphins or whales in the marine reserve.
HOW TO ENTER
To stand a chance to win this two-night getaway for four at the De Hoop Village, go to the SA-Venues.com® Facebook page, like it and leave a comment on the De Hoop Village competition post, telling us why you would like to win and tag one or two people.
Follow us on Instagram @savenues
Follow De Hoop Collection @dehoopreserve
Leave a comment on the original competition post and tag the person you would take with you.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition closes on 19 May 2020 and the winner will be announced on Facebook and Instagram on 20 May 2020.
- The prize is valid for a stay from May to 31 August 2020 or 1 May to 31 July 2021, and cannot be redeemed on public holidays or long weekends, and is subject to availability.
- The prize is for four people sharing a cottage at De Hoop Village.
- Winners must arrange and cover the cost of their transport to and from the De Hoop Village.
- Winners must be 18 years or older.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The competition is open to all except employees of SA-Venues.com, De Hoop Collection, their families and advertising agencies.
- Decision of judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You may enter as many times as you like but the winner will be chosen by lucky draw.
- If the winner does not respond within 48 hours of being notified of being the winner, you will forfeit the prize and another winner will be chosen.
- If the winner has not adhered to all the rules and regulations of this competition, another winner will be chosen.