The moment you’ve all been waiting for has finally arrived! I am thrilled to announce that your chance to share fin-credibly fin-spiring ocean snapshots has finally returned.
Although we haven’t been able to travel as much lately, some of us have been able to spend more time outdoors. Have you captured a picture-perfect sunset strolling on your favorite beach? Did you grab a snapshot of an adorable sea critter in its natural habitat? Whether it’s a brand-new image from a recent getaway or a memorable snap from a past snorkeling trip, we would love to see the ocean photos you’ve got to share.
Love our content?
Sign up to never miss an update!
again or contact 1.888.780.6763
Ready to participate? Here’s what you need to know:
- The contest is open to the public and there’s no cost to enter, so submit your ocean photos and invite your camera-savvy friends and family to do the same, now through Sunday, June 13. Once the submission period ends, you’ll have the chance to vote for your favorite photos, too.
- While our panel of esteemed judges will select our grand prize-winning photograph—the Judge’s Choice—the remaining four category winners will be selected by a public vote. We’ll be awarding prizes to our Judge’s Choice winner and to the winners in each of the following four categories:
- Coastlines and Seascapes: From coral reefs to sensational sunsets, these photos leave us in awe of our ocean.
- Human Impact: Our actions impact our ocean in both negative and positive ways. From rescue efforts and cleanups to marine pollution and oil spills, these photos inspire individuals to take action for our ocean.
- Marine Wildlife: Ocean creatures great and small in their natural environment, the ocean.
- Up Close & Personal: Some of our favorite ocean plants and animals are so teeny-tiny, they just can’t be seen with the naked eye. These macro photography shots help us appreciate the smallest of our ocean friends.
- The first prize winner—the Judge’s Choice—will receive a cash prize of $500 and a weighted blanket from Bearaby. Bearaby’s chunky-knit Cotton Napper ($249) is a buttery soft, breathable, knitted weighted blanket made from long-staple GOTS-certified organic cotton. The Judge’s Choice winner will also be featured in the 2023 Ocean Conservancy Calendar and featured on Ocean Conservancy’s blog, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. The four category winners will each receive a cash prize of $150 and be featured on Ocean Conservancy’s blog, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Still have questions? Check out our FAQ for more details.
Well, what are you waiting for, ocean lover? Submit your photos before it’s too late. I can’t wait to see what spectacular snapshots you will share with us this year. And if you need a little extra fin-spiration, below are just a few of our turtle-y amazing honorable mentions from last year’s contest.